International Workshop on
RHIC Spin Physics
September 29(Fri.)-30(Sat), 2006,
Nishina Hall, RIKEN, Hirosawa 2-1, Wako, Saitama Japan
Last update, Aug 24, 2006
International workshop on "RHIC Spin Physics " is to be held at RIKEN, Wako,
Saitama, Japan on September 29-30, 2006, as a satellite of the international conference
( Kyoto, Japan, October 2-7,2006).
Registrations and contributed papers:
This workshop is supported by RIKEN. The scientific program is to
be focused on physics of the polarized collider RHIC.
The workshop is also an annual meeting of RHIC Spin Collaboration (RSC).
Registration is done by sending an e-mail to Ms. Noriko Kiyama
<firstname.lastname@example.org> with CC to Hideto En'yo
<email@example.com> and Gerry Bunce <firstname.lastname@example.org> with
necessary information such as your name/affiliation, dates for hotel
reservation, number of accompaning persons and title/abstract of your talk.
Housing is arranged automatically after the registration. The
registration is free.
If you DO NOT need a hotel reservation, or you wish to stay at
Toyoko-inn as a single participant etc., please inform your
request to Ms.Kiyama.
List of participants:
- Single participants will be located in RIKEN onsite housing,
Nishina Lodge @BLD#35 or I-House@ BNL#36/37 in
the campus map.
Those who are assigned to these guest houses must pay
the housing fee by cash at the registration desk.
Both yen and dollars are accepted (1$ =100Yen), but
no credit card or personal checks are accepted.
Housing fee is 1700-3500Yen/night. You can get a room key at the guest
house before 16:00 and at the RIKEN West Gate after 16:00.
- The family participants will be located at Toyoko-inn at the
front of Wako Station (15min on foot to RIKEN).
- Please check the status of your hotel reservation.
Some important information:
New Super Conducting Cyclotron in RIKEN Nishina Center
All the speakers are kindly requested to come with a USB memory which contains your talk at the
time of the workshop, which will be published in a volume of "The proceedings of the RIKEN BNL Research
Workshop Dinner will be also from 6:00pm to 8:00pm on 29th at RIKEN
Second Cafeteria (Hirosawa Club) BLD#9 in
the campus map.
- Enyo's office is in Rm254 in BLD#1 in
the campus map.
- WLAN is available at Nishina Hall.
How to arrive safely at the workshop:
- Important Maps (Please download and print the following maps and this page)
- Narita Airport to Wako: Method 1
- Narita Airport - Nippori station: Keisei Skyliner, 1000+920 yen, 56 min.
- Nippori Station - Ikebukuro Station: JR Yamanote-line (counter clock wise) 160yen. 12 min
- Ikebukuro Station - Wako: Tobu Tojo line 240yen, 15min ( use express or limited express)
- Narita Airport to Wako: Method 2
- Narita Airport - Ikebukuro Station: Limousine bus. 3000Yen 85min
Ikebukuro Station - Wako: Tobu Tojo line 240yen, 15min ( use express or limited express).
- Wako - Kyoto
- Wako Station - Ikebukuro Station: Tobu Tojo line 240yen,
15min ( use express or limited express)
- Ikebukuro Station - Tokyo Station: JR Yamanote-line ( clock wise) ---yen. 25 min
- Tokyo Station - Kyoto Station: Shinkansen Nozomi 13720 yen, 142min.
- Kyoto Station - Hotels (2500yen by Taxi or 220yen by bus.
- Kyoto - Kansai(KIX)(Osaka International Airport
- Hotels - Kyoto Station (2500yen by Taxi or 220yen by bus)
- Kyoto Station - Kansai Airport: JR Haruka express, 3690yen 75 min.
For emergency, remember the important phone numbers:
048-467-9345 (Enyo & Kiyma @ Office)
or 090-3405-5553 (En'yo's cell phone).
- You can have Lunch and breakfast in BLD#12 or BLD#20 in
the campus map on weekday and in BLD#20 on Saturday.
- Japanese currency is Yen. There are 10000, 5000, 2000 and 1000 yen
notes; 500, 100, 50, 10, 5 and 1 yen coins. You may have difficulty to
change foreign currency in a town since not all the banks are authorized
to do so for the currency other than US dollar. It is recommended to make
money exchange at the airport. It is recommended to carry some cash since
small shops and taxi will scarcely accept the credit cards. Checks are
normally accepted only in banks.
There is no custom of "tipping" in Japan. You just need to pay the
amount on a bill. For good hotels and restaurants service fee is required
and is already included in the bill (normally 10%). Consumption tax (5%)
is applied for the amount of your purchase (tax is normally not included
Local organizers: Noriko Kiyama (secretary), H. En'yo, M. Stratmann, Y. Watanabe
Program Organizers: A.Bazilevsky, M. Stratmann, G. Bunce, H. Kawamura
Contact: Hideto En'yo
Tel: 048-467-9345 (direct) or 048-462-1111(ex 3271)
TV: 048-460-1329 (external)
Email: enyo @ riken.jp